Family Fun | Countdown Calendar

Stacking Cans Calendar | Shelterness
My girls love the tradition of Advent Calendars for the holidays.  Usually we purchase a ready-made one, but this year, I decided to attempt to make our own.  Pinterest had so many great ideas for inspiration so I thought I would share images and links to some of my favorites.

Chalkboard Advent Calendar | Oh Happy Day
Branch Advent Calendar | Sugar Lander
Bundle of Bags | Martha Stewart

In the past, the ones I purchased were typically filled with candy. This year, I wanted to incorporate the activities we usually do into our countdown calendar, so I was looking for something that was not only EASY but could accommodate a trinket or treat along with a note for an activity.   Below are some of the activities that will be included: 
  • Watch a Christmas Movie
  • Go Ice Skating
  • Decorate a Gingerbread House
  • Make Homemade Ornaments
  • Go see Christmas Lights
  • Listen to Christmas Music
  • Make Christmas Cookies
What about you ... did you make an advent calendar this year?   How will you be counting down the days until Christmas?