Thursday, April 22nd is Earth Day!!
There are a lot of great ideas on how to help celebrate Earth Day and join the movement for sustainability -- some grand some not so grand, but the key is to take action and better yet, make changes that last beyond just 1 day.
So to kick off the week, I'm pledging to join the Meatless Monday movement. I have to admit, I was perplexed yet intrigued when I heard I could reduce my carbon footprint by eating less meat. I understood the health benefits but it wasn't until I did some research that I "got" the environmental benefits of eating less meat.
Eating less meat means I'm creating less demand on meat which in turn means I'm doing my part to slow down the impact on climate change. That is because meat industry generates nearly 1/5 of the man made greenhouse gas emissions that are accelerating climate change.
So what's cooking in my kitchen tonight? Creamy Tomato Gnocchi with a side of steamed broccoli. There are lots of yummy recipes to choose from on Meatless Monday so check it out.
Next up, creating my own vegetable garden ...
